Sample resume for a reporter
If you are a journalist, your resume should be as complete and clean as your stories. Check out this sample resume for a reporter to grab the bucket.
Since the value of excellent communication skills cannot be overstated enough in the workplace
, having a path with words is a key feature companies want their employees to have. So when looking for the best reporter jobs to apply, make sure your resume is as thorough and clean as the stories you write.
For inspiration, view a reporter’s sample resume below and download the reporter’s resume template in Word. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), you’ll find the highest level of employment for this job in the following states:
New York, California, Florida, Texas, and the District of Columbia; and in the following metropolitan areas: New York City, Washington D.C., Los Angeles, Chicago, and Boston. As a journalist, you can expect to earn a median wage of $ 40,910 per year or $ 19.67 per hour, according to the BLS. Additionally, you can search for reporter jobs on Monster.
Reporter Resume Sample
Sometown, MN 55401 | Phone: (555) 555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn URL | Twitter Handle
News | Sports | Business | Education | Lifestyle Features
- Creative and stubborn reporter with a reputation for news nose, passion for community reporting, and impeccable ethics.
- A record of the praised performance as a staff reporter for print and digital editions of local daily newspapers with a circulation of up to 275,000.
- The storyteller who approaches news, features and other events with the same passion and succeeds in a 24/7 newsroom environment with busy deadlines.
Community Journalism Investigative Journalism Multimedia Reporting News Writing
AP Style Photojournalism Columns & Op Ed Pieces Creative Story Ideas
Information Systems / News Wires / Social Media Proofreading Research & Fact-Checking
ABC Journal — Sometown, MN Staff Reporter, 2013 to Present
DEF Journal — Sometown, MN Junior Reporter, 2012 to 2013
As a full-time general duty reporter for a local diary, cover a range of areas (eg. News, sports, business, education, healthcare, lifestyle, travel).
- He was chosen as one of the most prolific writers and contributors to the most productive story among the reporting staff.
- It never reached a deadline. It ensured a convincing presentation of both expected and spontaneous news for print and online media.
- He was praised for excellence in writing, reporting, photojournalism, and infographic.
The Star Tribune — Minneapolis, MN Intern, 2011
ABC University — Minneapolis, MN Public Information Intern, 2010
- He did an internship in Minneapolis’ major daily newspaper and in the University of Minnesota Information Department.
- He performed versatile tasks that included reporting, news / feature writing, research, fact check, proofreading, and headline / spacing.
ABC University — Minneapolis, MN BA in Journalism
Served as Assistant Editor and Staff Reporter for The ABC University Daily throughout college
~ Clips available at example-portfolio.com ~
Get your resume reviewed
As a reporter, you cannot present a story without checking the accuracy of a story and copying it. Just as editors expect to see a clean copy, hiring managers expect to see resumes that show your copy order without any weaknesses or errors. Can your resume benefit from one line arrangement? Get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster’s Resume Writing Service. Within two business days, you will receive detailed feedback, including a review of the look and content of your resume and an estimate of a recruiter’s first impression. It’s a quick and easy way for Monster’s experts to help you highlight your best professional steps.